Part-Time Events Coordinator
Approximate Start Date: October 1, 2023
Monthly Retainer: Up to $2,900/month for approximately 10-15 hours per/week
Contract Term: 1 year
Remote/In-Person: Remote work, in-person for all events. Option to come into the office as needed/desired.
Job Summary: The Events Coordinator collaborates with internal and external partners to produce events for the Adams Morgan Partnership Business Improvement District (BID). The position requires event production skills to assist with the coordination and execution of a variety of community events, including responsibility for all event agendas/run of show documents, event staffing, and general needs from concept to finished project in an effort to create successful outcomes and meet all goals for each event. This position is part-time (IRS Form 1099 employee) and reports to the Executive Director. Although this position is part time and technically a consultant, it is expected that the hired individual acts as a member and extension of the team. The Adams Morgan Partnership BID hosts approximately 13 events per year of varying sizes/scopes.
- Will oversee event volunteers.
- Plans, develops, implements, and organizes events from the conceptual phase to the final event execution to advance the mission and goals of the Adams Morgan Partnership BID (AMPBID).
- Consults with external event vendors on behalf of AMPBID, assessing and understanding their needs for the event; areas of discussion and consultation, which may include preliminary budget, meeting spaces, catering, signage, programs, music, security, staffing, and other specialized requirements.
- Addresses concerns, questions, and/or complaints for each event.
- Manages event safety and security based on the event safety handbook.
- Acts as a liaison between the AMPBID and vendors.
- Acts as a liaison between the AMPBID and Adams Morgan businesses
- Responsible for event setup and breakdown
- Responsible for event staffing
- Event budget creation and management/tracking
- Coordinates with AMPBID staff to plan and develop event schedule and run of show for each event.
- Ensures that events meet legal, safety, and health requirements and regulations; will help to obtain necessary permits from DC Government agencies.
- Coordinates registration process for event participants as necessary.
- Works with AMPBID staff on all administrative duties and details associated with the event
- Attend all event planning and recap meetings while preparing necessary materials, agendas, etc.
- Event volunteer recruitment, management, and training.
- Attend organizational meetings such as Board meetings (8x/year) and monthly Marketing Committee meetings as needed.
- Creates event recap reporting for all AMPBID produced events (attendance tracking and metrics)
- Maintains current knowledge of event planning standards and trends by attending seminars, consulting with other professionals, and reading trade publications.
- Sponsorship outreach, maintaining sponsor relationships, and drafting sponsorship agreements.
- Planning and execution of AMPBID Annual Meeting.
- Performs other event-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong follow-up.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate, if applicable.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Works well as a team player.
- Ability to assist with event issues with a calm, courteous, and helpful manner and attitude.
- Thorough understanding of legal regulations and permits required for events.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, and Google Docs/Sheets/Drive.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Hospitality, Meeting, and Event Planning or related field preferred.
- A minimum of two years experience in customer service, retail, event planning, or a related field.
- Experience with obtaining event permits from the DC Government is a plus.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time during events.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours in order to accommodate events.
Please send resumes to Brian Barrie at firstname.lastname@example.org. The job posting will close when filled.
Start Date: Internship positions are open until filled; requires semester commitment (or semester equivalent).
Hours: Approximately 15-25 hours/week based on availability, preferably spent over 1-3 days in the office. Additional time may be requested around event dates.
Compensation: This is an unpaid/volunteer internship. Monthly travel stipend will be provided on a case-by-case basis.
Job Summary: The Adams Morgan Partnership BID seeks a dynamic self-starter to assist with event planning and research efforts. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising, placemaking, commercial real estate, and event planning. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
- Draft and distribute promotional materials
- Ensure special events content on the event website and social media sites is updated
- Assist with sponsor tracking, acknowledgement and follow-up
- Plan and facilitate planning committee meetings, including distributing agenda and taking minutes
- Commercial real estate market research and economic development research
- Experience in social media, including firm grasp of available tools and platforms
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably a graduate student with an interest in real estate or economic development or marketing, or event planning
- Previous internship or related experience in economic development or event planning is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including Internet research experience
- Professional demeanor and outstanding phone etiquette
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Please a send cover letter and resume to Kristen Barden at email@example.com
The Adams Morgan Partnership Business Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.