FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Elevate Your Holiday Shopping at Adams Morgan’s Unique Retailers
WASHINGTON, D.C., NOVEMBER 14, 2017 — Adams Morgan provides that perfect respite from the busy holiday shopping season. Stroll the tree-lined streets and pop into local retailers to cross off those unique gift needs on your list. Or, put your feet up and let Adams Morgan chefs prepare a delightful, relaxing meal for you (or a Thanksgiving pie!).
The Adams Morgan Partnership BID celebrates Small Business Saturday on November 25, 2017, kicking off the holiday shopping season with a nationwide celebration of small businesses organized by American Express. Adams Morgan is home to more than 240 restaurants and businesses, with seven restaurants featured in the Michelin Guide and Bib Gourmand lists. Check out these neighborhood stars below or another favorite in this cultural and entertainment mecca in Washington, D.C.
Check out these independent retailers to find unique gifts for special people on your list.
- Idle Time Books is giving away canvas bags with purchases of more than $25 until they run out. Purchase used books, holiday cards and 2018 calendars and planners for the bookish types on your list.
- Hudson & Crane is offering scratch-off cards to the first 50 customers for 10-40% off their purchase. Choose from interior design services, furniture and finishing touches (from beard oil to a slew of unique throw pillows).
- The Brass Knob is having refreshments and a sale: 10% off hardware & 20% off all other merchandise.
- FLEET FEET Sports/Adams Morgan will offer some gifts with purchase, as well as discounts on electronics by Garmin, Bluetooth wireless headphones from Aftershokz and Plantronics, and sales on select apparel and shoes.
- Songbyrd Music House & Record Café: In a special showcase for Small Business Saturday, electronic music duo Odesza will hold an album signing at 1 pm. Songbyrd will offer 10% off all vinyl records from artists that have played the venue, free coffee cuppings with local small business Southeastern Roastery, and more.
- Urban Dwell: Stop in for one-of-a-kind, hand-selected gifts, from fashion accessories to baby gifts and home furnishings. Offering 10% off all holiday cards and ornaments for Small Business Saturday and Black Friday.
- Funky Piece: Offering 15% off any purchase (excluding vaporizers) on Small Business Saturday.
A long day of shopping is tiring! Put your feet up and let Adams Morgan chefs prepare a delightful, relaxing meal for you. Bring your holiday visitors out to the neighborhood to highlight DC’s local dining scene.
- Tryst: Release yourself from the expectation to do it all, and let Tryst make your holiday pies. Order by Nov. 19 for pick up by Nov. 22 at Tryst or The Diner.
- Mintwood Place is offering a three-course prix-fixe on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 23) from noon to 8 pm. Menu and details here.
- Sakuramen: Warm up with a toasty bowl of ramen, the ultimate comfort food. If your experience with ramen is limited to the little package from the grocery store, you owe it to yourself (and your family) to taste authentic, freshly made ramen from Sakuramen.
- Zenebech started in 1993 as an injera bakery, and still offers freshly baked injera and a diverse and delicious Ethiopian menu. It recently received a glowing review from the Washington Post’s Tom Sietsema.
About the Adams Morgan Partnership BID
The Adams Morgan Partnership Business Improvement District (AMPBID) is a nonprofit organization focused on enhancing the quality of life for businesses, property owners, residents, visitors, and employees in the District of Columbia’s most vibrant and eclectic neighborhood. The Partnership provides daily street cleaning, fun neighborhood events, and creative marketing and economic development initiatives. Adams Morgan is world-renowned for its fantastic restaurants and nightlife, colorful retail stores and historic, tree-lined residential streets. The American Planning Association named Adams Morgan one of the top 10 neighborhoods in America in 2014. For more on AMPBID, visit www.adamsmorganonline.org or follow us on Twitter @AdMoBID, Instagram @AdMoBID or Facebook at AdamsMorganBID.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Rachel L. Davis